The Best French Toast

I use to just mix some milk, eggs and cinnamon together for french toast. Well I, of course, came across this recipe on pinterest and just a few little add in's....I will never make it my old way again! So I thought I'd share :)

Ingredients:
4 large Eggs
2/3 cup Whole Milk
1/3 cup All-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. ground Cinnamon
8 slices thick Texas toast bread
Butter, for frying


Instructions:
In a medium bowl, combine all the dry ingredients; the flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.  Stir well to combine.
Now in a larger bowl, combine the wet ingredients; the eggs, milk, and vanilla.  Using a whisk, beat until the eggs are well incorporated with the milk.
 Now add in the flour mixture into the egg mixture and using a whisk, once again; beat until well incorporated.  The batter will be thin and lumpy.  If you’d like, strain the mixture into a sieve to remove the lumps, but it’s not necessary.
I use my griddle around 350 {medium heat}and melt a little butter on it before throwing on my toast.
Place a slice of bread into the egg mixture and allow to soak on both sides for about 30 seconds.
 Place the bread into the fry pan and allow to cook for about 1 – 2 minutes on each side or until slightly browned and cooked.  Remove onto a serving plate and top with butter to allow to melt.  Continue cooking the rest of the bread slices :)

ENJOY!!!

Comments

Popular Posts