Lancaster County Favorite.....HAM BALLS!

I worked at one of the most popular places in Lancaster County when I was younger.....good ole' SHADY MAPLE! I worked in the little cafeteria in the store for probably 4-5 years......of course hating every moment of it! Hahahaha!! I was 16....who wants to be WORKING!
Of course we served all Lancaster County fav's! One of my favorites was always the ham balls with that sweet pineapple glaze drizzled over top! MmMMmMM!!!!
So of course now that I don't work there, I make them for my family!
 
Ingredients needed: Bread Crumbs, egg, milk and salt n peper
 
 I always take the easier road and grab the ham loaf mix, instead of mixing a ground ham and pork together
Mix in your bread crumbs and salt & pepper
 
Then add in your milk and egg and mix it well until all combined!
 
Then you just wanna form about 2"balls and place them in your greased baking dish. I like to mix up a decent amount, so I have enough to make that night for dinner and then freeze some for another meal! You could always throw it in your loaf pan to and just make it like regular meat loaf.
Throw them  in the oven and bake them for about 45 minutes to and hour
 
In the meantime you can get your pineapple glaze together. Which I make it super simple.....I just heat up a can of crushed pineapple, brown sugar and a little butter. Mix it together until heated through
 
About 15-20 minutes before your ham balls are done, drizzle the pineapple mixture over the top. An then continue baking the rest of the time
 
YUM! They should start to get a little golden on top!
 
 
 
 
INGREDIENTS:

2lb Ham loaf mix {or 1lb ground ham and 1lb ground pork}
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 egg
1 teaspoon salt
1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
3⁄4 cup milk

SAUCE
1 can crushed pineapple
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 TBS butter



INSTRUCTIONS:

Mix ground meats, breadcrumbs, egg, salt, pepper and milk together.
Shape into a loaf or into 2" balls
Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
For the sauce,  heat on low the crushed pineapple, brown sugar and butter
Pour sauce over loaf about 30 minutes into baking
Continue baking for at least another 20-30 minutes.

ENJOY!!!

Comments

Popular Posts