Bacon Wrapped Chicken

My husband is not a huge fan of chicken....he loves his steak! ;) So every time I make chicken I'm always trying to make some that is super moist and flavorful. I came across this gem of a recipe! It will deff be something I make more often! Easy, tasteful and WRAPPED IN BACON! Who doesn't love that idea!


First you wanna pound out your chicken breasts.....I always like this part cuz you can release some angry while making dinner ;)

I had bacon in the fridge that needed used up and was also already cut in half. It would be better if the bacon was a whole piece and not cut {But I worked with what I had ;) } Lay the bacon out, 2 pieces going vertically and 2 pieces going horizontally...

Then I took my soften cream cheese {you could also use the herb flavored cream cheese} and added a little bit of the garlic salt, paprika and ground red pepper and mixed it together. The season salt I sprinkled on the chicken before the spread the cream cheese mixture on.....
 
After spreading the cream cheese mixture on, top it with some shredded cheddar {Of course we top it with CHEESE} You could also use other fillings: Pepper Jack Cheese, Monterey Jack Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese, jalapeƱos, green chili's, green onions, spinach, mushrooms, onion and even asparagus!
 
Next fold in the side of the chicken with the bacon.....
 
An then fold the top and bottom of bacon over...making sure all your sides are covered.

Place them seam side down {like I said my bacon was cut in half so I had lots of seams...and it still worked great} and put them in your greased pan.....
 
Add a little brown sugar on top for some sweetness and bake.....

YUM!!!!!!!!!!!

 
 
Serves 4
 
Ingredients:
 
4 Chicken Breasts
16 slices of bacon
6 oz of cream cheese {soften}
1/4 tsp. Season Salt
1/4 tsp. Garlic Salt
1/4 tsp. Paprika
1/4 tsp. Ground Red Pepper
3/4-1 cup cheddar cheese
Sprinkle of brown sugar
 
Directions:
1:Preheat oven to 400'
2: Pound out chicken breasts
3: Lay out 2 pieces of bacon vertically and then lay on top 2 pieces of bacon horizontally
4. Lay one chicken breast in the middle of the bacon and sprinkle with season salt
5. Mix together cream cheese, garlic salt, paprika and ground red pepper
6. Spread over each chicken breasts an then top with shredded cheddar
7: Roll the chicken up a little and fold up the horizontal pieces of bacon, making sure the sides are covered. Then fold up the vertical pieces and secure with a toothpick if they wont stay.
8: Place wrapped chicken breasts in a greased baking dish, lay the chicken seam side down and then sprinkle brown sugar over the tops of the chicken breasts.
9:Bake for 45 minutes, turning the chicken over halfway through.
 
 
 
Notes: To brown the bake and make it crispy, turn the oven up to 500' {WATCH IT CLOSLEY}.
This would also be great without the bacon, just cook for 35-45 minutes or until juice's run clear.
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 



Comments

  1. Looks super yummy!! I will def have to try this recipe. I'm sure Brent would love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts