Pumpkin Bread

Fall is on it's way!
 
Fall is by far my favorite season/time of year! I love the cool, crisp breeze blowing in my windows, wearing a sweatshirt, going to our local fair, leaves changing colors, campfires, toasting marshmallows and PUMPKIN EVEYRTHING!!! My absolute favorite pumpkin recipe is defiantly Pumpkin Roll!{Which I'm SURRREE you will see at some point} I could seriously eat the entire thing myself......In one sitting! My other favorite is pumpkin bread. Warm slice of pumpkin bread with a little bit of butter! MmMmMmmMMm!!! So, I wanted to share this recipe that has a streusel topping!
 
 
 
 

 
LOOK AT IT! Ahhhhh!!!!!! Makes you wanna be able to grab it through the computer screen doesn't it!!!

 

First, grease your loaf pan {this time I used my small loaf pan and made 2, if you use a normal size loaf pan this recipe makes one loaf} and then coat it with flour and set aside, preheat your oven....
 
 

Mix together your oil and sugar...
 
 

Add 1 egg at a time and mix until light and fluffy.....
 
 
 

Add pumpkin......set aside...
 
 
 

Mix together dry ingredients...this part smells so gooodddd
 
 
 

Slowly add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and mix until well incorporated.....
 
 
 

Add mixture to your loaf pan {again mine made 2, since I used a small loaf pan}
 
 
 

Now mix up your streusel topping {light brown sugar, butter and flour} w/ a pastry cutter
 
 
 

Sprinkle over the top and toss that baby in the oven for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean!
 
 

 
Front loaf is just plain and the back loaf is with streusel topping! Slice a piece while it's still a little warm and spread some butter or cream cheese over it! !Yea...I know.... you are already in your kitchen mixing it together aren't you?!?!! It's making my mouth water!!!!!{And now I am on my way to the kitchen to get myself a slice...thank god I posted this right after I made it ;) }
 

 

That streusel topping also is more appealing to kids ;)
 
 
Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 1/2 cup sifted all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg

Streusel Topping: optional
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup butter


Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Grease and flour 8x 5-inch loaf pan.  Beat sugar with oil till blended.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well. Continue beating until light and fluffy.  Then mix in pumpkin on low speed.  Mix together remaining dry ingredients and add to pumpkin mixture on low speed and mix well. Pour into prepared pan.  For streusel topping mix till crumb texture with a pastry cutter.  Then spread topping over entire loaf.  Bake 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan and finish cooling.

Enjoy!

 


 

Comments

Popular Posts