Blueberry Banana Bread

Every time my son goes with me to the grocery store, he yells "Get some Banana's"......and then he eats like 1 and I have 4 more just laying around turning brown! So this time I figured I should try and track down a recipe to use them up. I had some blueberries in the fridge that also looked they were coming to the end of there road....So why not some Blueberry Banana Bread!!! HOLY CRAP.....it is soooooo good!! I made them in my mini loaf pan and then also did a couple muffins too!
 
Let's Get Started!!
 
Ok, dry ingredient's......
Combined your flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and then set aside
 
Other ingredients: Blueberries, Vanilla, Butter, Eggs, Sugar, Banana's and Milk
 
First, beat your butter and sugar together until nice and fluffy
 
Next throw in eggs, milk and vanilla and mix well. Now add your banana's.....the recipe says to mash them up.....I just cut them and tossed ;)
 
Of course I needed to have an assistant :)
 
Now toss in your dry ingredient's...
 
Then use a spatula to fold in your blueberries! YUM!
 
Grease your loaf pan, again I was using my mini loaf pan this time so it looks pretty tiny in this pic!
Bake it for about 40-45 minutes {which would be for a normal size loaf pan, I think for my mini pan it only took like 30-35 minutes} or until tester comes out clean
 
Holy Moly....look at that!
 
I love the blueberry juices oozing out over the sides!
 
MMmmMMmmm.....2 mini loafs and about 10-12 muffins.....we had some taste testers before I got this pic ;)
 
 
Ingredients:

  • 1¾ cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • ⅛ tsp baking soda
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • ½ cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • ¼ cup milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 3 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1¼ cup blueberries

  • Instructions:
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x5 bread pan with cooking spray.
  • Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In bowl for an electric mixer beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, milk and vanilla. Mix until well combined. Beat in bananas. With the mixer at low speed, gradually add in the flour mixture until just combined. Using a spatula, fold in the blueberries.
  • Pour batter into the loaf plan. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a tester comes out clean. Remove from the oven, and let cool 15 minutes before removing from the pan.

  • ENJOY!!!!


    Notes: Adapted from Dinners Dishes & Desserts

    Comments

    Popular Posts