Pork & Kraut

My husband's mother is a wonderful cook! Every year she has the family over New Years Day for pork & kraut meal! For a couple years, I kept wondering what she did to her's to make it taste so great. It was a little sweeter and just had a wonderful flavor. There was obviously sugar....but still something else.....Finally I asked her.
She added a apple and some brown sugar!! I will never make it any other way!!!! So I thought I'd share! :)
 
I used a pork loin roast {whatever size you like to feed your family}
 
First I put a little sour kraut in the bottom of the crockpot

Lay your pork on top of the kraut and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper...
 

Slice up an apple and lay around the outside of the piece of pork and sprinkle about a 1/2-3/4 cup of brown sugar on top.

An then I add the rest of the can of sour kraut and then put the lid on and turn it on high for about 4-6 hours.

After the 4-6 hours, take a fork and the pork will just pull apart!!

And of course it needs to be served with some mashed potatoes!!! ;)
 
ENJOY!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts