My Own BBQ Chicken

I have been making this BBQ Chicken for about 3 years now. It's super simple and is pretty amazing...if I do say so myself! ;) I have made this for MANY people when they have come over and everyone seems to love it. I normally grill it, but this last time I made it I baked it in the oven and it was still yummy!

I usually "marinate" the chicken @ least 1-2 days before cooking it and all I use is these 2 wonderful spices!

Grill Mates Barbeque and Applewood Rub
 
I coat both sides of the chicken very generously and then just wrap it up and stick it in the fridge for 1-2 days.

When you are ready to cook it up, stick it in the oven @ 400' for about 35-45 minutes or until temperature is up to 160'.
 
Now drench them in your favorite BBQ sauce {Ours is Sweet Baby Rays...YUUUMMMOOO}Turn down the temperature in the oven to about 275' and stick them back in the oven for about 10 minutes or so.
MMMmMmMmmMmMmMmm....don't that look yummy!! Serve them up with homemade fries or baked potato, coleslaw with a roll & butter!! YUM!
 
 
Notes: If you want do it on the grill, follow the same instructions. Cook until temperature is @ 160' turning chicken a couple times. When adding your BBQ Sauce, I use a pastry brush and brush it on and then grill either side a couples minutes. Which they will turn out like this.... 
 

 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts