Easiest Apple Crisp You'll EVER make!

I wanted a dessert to have with that meatloaf I posted a couple days ago. I had already stuck the meatloaf in the oven....so the dessert had to be something quick and something that if put in the oven would be at the same temp. Hmmmm.....so I started rummaging through the pantry and the fridge. I spotted some quick oats and thought I had apples in the fridge.....well I only had 1 apple. Dang it...apple crisp would be perfect with this meatloaf meal. Then a light bulb went off in my head......APPLE PIE FILLING!!!!! Sure enough, I had a can!! Which made this super quick and simple!
 
 
Pour the can of pie filling into a greased baking dish
 
Mix together your topping: Quick oats, cinnamon, baking powder, brown sugar an flour.
 
Blend in your butter cut into small pieces with a fork or pastry cutter
 
 Pour the topping over the apples and bake for 25-30 minutes
 
Now the best way to serve this would be in a bowl with a big spoonful of vanilla ice cream! Specially with the apple crisp still being a little warm!!
 

Ingredients:
1 can Apple Pie filling
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
dash of salt
1/3 cup unsalted butter, diced into small chunks
 
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Grease your baking dish and pour the can of pie filling in, spreading it out evenly.
  3. In a medium size bowl combine the crumb topping ingredients with a fork or pastry blender until it resembles small crumbs.
  4. Spread crumb topping over apples
  5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
  6. Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving
ENJOY!!
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts