Meatloaf


As a child when my mom would say we were having meatloaf.....I would wrinkle up my noise and hope to god I didn't have to eat it! LOL! I was never a fan of it and wished mom would never make it. Now as an adult.....my thoughts have changed! LOVE IT! You can't beat a slab of meatloaf, with a side of creamy mashed potatoes, topped with some gravy and a side of green beans or peas!!! My mouth is watering just typing it!! I have tired a couple different meatloaf recipes and this one is defiantly my favorite!
Ingredients {minus meat}: Bread Crumbs, Brown Sugar, Ketchup, Mustard, Heinz 57, Mustard, Eggs, Onion and Worcestershire. Then I used ground beef and ground sausage
Mix it all together, which is best to do with your hands ;)

Once mix together well, put into greased loaf pan. Bake for an hour
 
Pull it out of the oven and pour ketchup/brown sugar mixture over top and stick back in the oven for about 10-15 minutes . Before I poured the topping over it, I poured some of the grease out of the pan.
 
 
 Cut yourself a slab and plate up with some mashed potatoes, gravy and favorite veggie!!!!
 
 
2 lbs. ground beef
1 lb. ground breakfast sausage (mild or regular)
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 eggs
1 dash of Worcestershire
1 tsp. heniz 57
1 tsp. prepared mustard
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. ketchup
1/2 finely chopped onion
 
Mix all the above ingredients together (best option: dig in with both hands!). Put into a baking dish (casserole or loaf style).
 Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Prepare topping while baking.
 Topping:Blend together 1 c. ketchup and 1/4 c. brown sugar.
 After baking, pour grease off of loaf. Spread topping over meat generously. (If using a large pan you may need extra; use ratio above.) Place pan back in the oven for 15 minutes to bake. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
 
 ENJOY!

Comments

Popular Posts