Homemade Ice Cream Cake

Every year for my birthday my parents would always get me a Carvel Ice Cream Cake.....holy amazing!! So of course I wanted keep the tradition going when we had our little boy! So this year he was turning 4 and I figured I would start this year! Every other year I just made cupcakes or a regular cake. Well then I got this idea in my head to MAKE the ice cream cake! Personally I think it turned out great and was so simple!!
 
Let's get started!!
 
You will need a tray to build it on {or whatever kinda of container you wanna use}, Cool Whip, Ice Cream Sandwiches, Chocolate Syrup and Caramel Syrup. An then icing for writing/decorating the top and sides! 
 
First start with your first layer on ice cream sandwiches.....spread them out to make as big a you need/want it. I actually started this small and then added some to the sides to make it a little bigger
 
Then drizzle some chocolate syrup and caramel syrup over the tops of the sandwiches
 
 
{Here is where I added a few to the sides to make it a little bigger} Then all you do is keep layering on top in the same pattern. Sandwiches, chocolate syrup and caramel syrup
 
Side view......YUM!!!
 
Drizzle, Drizzle!!
 
I only did 3 high, but I guess you could do more if you wanted ;)
The top layer you don't drizzle any syrups
 
Now start putting your cool whip "icing" on the top.
 
Looks so Yummy!!! It took me all I had not to jump right into it ;)
 
Please don't mind my awful decorating/writing skills! LOL!!
 
After everything was completed I just tossed it in the freezer till we were ready for it at his party
 
Happy 4th Birthday Little Man!! <3 He LOVED it, he was so excited when I brought it out! :)
 
 
Ingredients:
1 12oz container of whipped topping
1 jar of caramel topping Chocolate Syrup
1 bottle of Chocolate syrup
1 package of ice-cream sandwiches (box of 12)
Decorating tools
 
Instructions:
  • Unwrap the ice-cream sandwiches and lay them into a 9x13 pan. You may have to cut some of the sandwiches to fit.
  • Pour the desired amount of caramel sauce over the sandwiches making sure to get it into the cracks.
  • Then add whipped topping. Use a spatula to spread it evenly.
  • Drizzle with chocolate sauce and put into the freezer for at least 1-2 hours before serving.

  • ENJOY!!!!!

    Adapted from: www.poofycheeks.com
     

    Comments

    Popular Posts