Simple Apple Dumplings

 
A friend from high school posted a picture on Instagram one day that she had just made Homemade Apple Dumplings and I starting drooling! They looked SOOOO yummy! It is something I had never try to make myself, I always just bought them at our local grocery store. So then I thought well there's a first time for everything, why not try it out! So now I will share it with you!
 
I went the easy/cheating route ;)....I'm not a huge fan of making any kind of dough from scratch. So I just bought a thing of pie crust! Each one I just balled up and then rolled out an cut in half. So each pie crust would wrap 2 apples nicely. It worked pretty well on 2 of the apples and then 2 other apples the crust slid off the apple. You have to make sure you really seal the pieces together on top of each apple. Either way they were VERY simple and VERY good! I will deff make them again!
 
 
 
YUUUUMMMYY!!! They are the best when they are a little warm!
 
 
First core the apples
 
Then peel off the skin's
 
I got my pie crust out a little before I started so it was closer to room temperature and then it was a little easier to work with. I took each crust and rolled them up in a ball and then rolled each ball out with a rolling pin. Cut it in half and then was able to wrap 4 apples.
 
 
Lay your crust out and sit your apple right in the center. Mix together your butter, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together an fill each apple with the mixture.
 
Wrap the sides on to the top of the apple and make sure the are super secure. {Trial and error for me ;) }
 
Make a egg wash and brush it over the tops and then top each of them with a little sugar {Mine have a lot because my son helped sprinkled it on, Hahahaha}Then pop them in the oven @ 350' for about 45-50 minutes.
 
We let them cool a little awhile and put them in a bowl and poured a little milk over the top!! YUM!! My son LOVED them!!



Apple Dumplings

Ingredients:
4 apples (any variety except Delicious)
1/4 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 TBS butter, softened
pie dough, enough for 1 double crust
egg wash
sanding sugar


Directions:
1. In a small bowl , mix brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter. Set aside.
2. Core and peel all apples.
3. Take half the pie dough and roll it out. Cut it into 4 pieces. Roll out the second half of the dough and cut it into halves, and one half into half again.
4. Put the apple in the center of the dough and then fill entire center of apple with the sugar mixture.
5. Bring the dough up around the apple and press together.
6. Repeat for all the apples and put them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Make an egg wash with 1 beaten egg and 1 TBS water, mix well. Brush on apple dumplings.
Sprinkle with sanding sugar.

7. Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown.

Serve hot in a shallow bowl with milk.
Thoroughly enjoy without guilt!



 

Comments

Popular Posts