Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Hope everyone had a good week so far. It's time to kick off the weekend :)

We were having friends over for dinner one Saturday night and I wanted to make something fairly simple. Normally I just throw some of my BBQ in the crockpot and get some salads, chips and some veggies or fruit. But I wanted to do something a little different this time....hmmmm.......So my gears started turning.....OMG I could switch it up, and still be a little different, I'll do Pulled Pork sandwiches instead of BBQ! These are even easier to prepare then regular BBQ and taste sooooo good!

I picked a Pork Butt at the grocery store and stock that bugger in the crock pot.
I sprinkled a little of both of these bad boys on top {Applewood Rub and Backyard Brick Oven} along with some salt and pepper. Turn the crock pot on high for about 3-4 hours.

After the 3-4 hours, take 2 forks and try to start pulling it apart. If it pulls apart fairly easy then it's done and you can shred the rest up. Depending on the size of your butt, it may take longer to be able to do this. I was only making enough for 4 adults and 1 child....so mine wasn't very big.
 
After shredding it up, I leave it on low for about another hour, letting all the shredded up parts soak in that wonderful, flavorful juice you have made!
 
 Then pick out a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce....our's Sweet Baby Rays!
 I used the entire bottle, poured it over top and stirred it around and then kept the crockpot on low for another hour.
YUM!! If your not ready to serve it, just keep the crockpot on warm until ready!
 
 My husband sometimes likes to throw a scoop of coleslaw on top the pulled pork or we also do a little horseradish sauce to!!
 
ENJOY!!!

Comments

Popular Posts